The method or the process to file the Income Tax Return through the internet is called E filing. The procedure to Income tax India e filing ITR is fast and easy, and can be concluded and completed from the comfort of an individual’s home or office.
Income tax India e filing ITR can also help in saving money as you would not have to hire an individual to file ITR.
The Govt Of India has launched new income tax portal and one can now file taxes through the New income tax portal. The New portal come up with user friendly features and it is designed such a way to ease the e tax filing process.
Step-by-step process on How to file Income tax India e filing through portal
Firstly, visit the Income tax India e filing website https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal
Then Register yourself if already registered then Login with your credentials to e-file your returns
After successfully logged in Click on ‘Taxpayer’ button and then enter the PAN card details and then click on ‘validate’. after that, click on ‘Continue’.
In the next step provide your personal details such as your name, your address, your gender, your residential status, your date of birth, etc.
Then provide your Email ID and your registered mobile number.
After completing the form , click on ‘Continue’ button.
Now you will have to verify your details following which a 6-digit One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered Email address and on registered mobile number .
Enter the OTP and follow the instructions which is given to complete the registration process successfully.
After the OTP has been verified, a new window will come up where you have to verify the details provided by you. Here you can change the incorrect details in case if you have entered wrongly , another OTP will be sent to you for validate the changes.
And now the final step will be set up your password and secure login message.
Once securing the password Click on ‘Register’ subsequently you will receive an acknowledgment message stating that the registration process has been completed successfully.
Filling Income tax in India through e filing is no longer a hassle though it used to be.
Long queues gone along with endless anxiety of making the tax-filing deadlines.
With online, Income tax India e filing , it is convenient to file the returns with in your comfort zone and at very short notice.
Below are the broad steps to file income tax returns online
It is important how to file returns (ITR) on time, to avoid last minute anxiety and penalties. Once you have filed your Income tax India e filing (ITR), the income tax verification form is generated by the IT department accordingly the taxpayers can verify the validity and legitimacy of Income tax India e filing.
The income tax return verification form can be easily downloaded.
1) Log-in to the website https://www.portal.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html?lang=eng/
2) Click on ‘View Returns/ Forms’ option to View e-filed tax returns
Select option Income tax returns
All the years ITR details will displayed which has been filled.
1) To download the ITR-V Click on the acknowledgement number.
2.) Start the downloading by selecting ‘ITR-V Acknowledgment’
3.) Enter your password to open the download document. The password will be your PAN number in lower case along with your date of birth.
PAN – ASITR2345P
Date of birth – 10/12/1982
Password – asitr2345p10121982
- After filling the ITR through e filling you need to courier the printed and signed document to CPC Bangalore within 120 days. And there is an another option of E verification by generating Aadhar number OTP, through net banking, through ATM etc.
Documents required to fill ITR
It’s important to keep handy all the relevant documents before starting e-filing process.
- Bank account passbook, post office savings account passbook and PPF account passbook
- Salary slips
- Aadhar Card, PAN card
- Form-16– TDS certificate issued by employer, to provide details of the salary paid within financial year and TDS deducted on the same, if any
If any interest certificate from post office or bank.
- Form-16A, If any TDS deducted on payment other than the salary for example interest received from FD, RD etc. According to the current tax laws over the specific limit.
- Form-16B Income From the buyer if any property sold, showing the TDS deducted on the amount paid on same fanatical year.
- Form-16CIf income from tenant, for providing the details of TDS deducted on the rent received, if any
- Form 26AS– Consolidate annual tax statement.
- a) TDS deducted by your employer
- b) TDS deducted by banks
- c) TDS deducted by any another organisations from payments made to you
- d) Advance taxes deposited by you
- e) Self-assessment taxes paid by you
- Tax saving investment proofs
Health insurance premium receipts to claim deductions under section 80D to 80U for self and family, and proof for interest on education loan.
- Home loan statement from bank
How to check ITR status online?
After filed your income tax returns and verified it, the status of your tax return will be ‘Verified’. And once the processing is complete, the status will become ‘ITR Processed’.
If you desire to know in which stage your tax return (ITR) is after filing and want to check the ITR status online, here you can do it in following easy steps.
Without login credentials
Click on the ITR status button on the extreme left side of the Income tax e filing website. Then you are directed to the new page where you can fill in PAN number, ITR acknowledgement number and after completing both the numbers then the captcha code comes for validation. Once done, the status of your filing will be displayed on the screen.
With login credentials
Login to the e-filing website.
Click on the option ‘View Returns/Forms’
From the dropdown menu bar, select the income tax returns and assessment year
After selecting, the status of your filing will be displayed on the screen (whether only verified or processed).
Conclusion: Always keep informed the Income Tax Department about your income and taxability this will keep you on the right side of the law and prevent from any block in your financial competency. You know that whether you are willing or not by law you have to file your Income Tax Return, you have to ensure that you complete the process before the deadline every financial year.